Saturday, November 30, 2013

One Bite At A Time...

I have a background in Marketing and yet I completely overlooked creating a Mission Statement for Embellish.  There is no excuse; we've been around for a little over 3 1/2 years!  So, for the past few days I've been attempting to create a mission statement. And it is completely overwhelming!

I had no idea it would be this big of an undertaking.  I mean, it's just a few sentences, right?  WRONG.  It's the opportunity to introduce ourselves and garner an intimate connection with each potential customer who reads it.  

As the stress over a mission statement continues to build, I am reminded of my husband's favorite piece of advice:
How do you eat an elephant?  ...One bite at a time.  
Okay, okay, one bite at a time.  I can do this!  I think I'll start by, in a stream-of-conscious writing style, writing down phrases and words that come to mind when I think about who Embellish is today and who I want Embellish to become.  And that's it.  That will be my first bite!  

I do not easily give up.  Ergo, a mission statement will be had... so stay tuned!

Not that I plan to actually eat any real elephants, but because elephants are pretty awesome in general, here's a pic for your enjoyment! ;)

Photo found on textually.org

No comments:

Post a Comment